Aeroplane Heaven have just made today better for all the military aircraft buffs out there. Hawker Typhoon MK1B has been released for FSX and Prepar3d platforms.
The Hawker Typhoon (Tiffy in RAF slang), was a British single-seat fighter-bomber, produced by Hawker Aircraft. It was intended to be a medium–high altitude interceptor, as a replacement for the Hawker Hurricane but several design problems were encountered and it never completely satisfied this requirement.
The Typhoon was originally designed to mount twelve .303 inch (7.7 mm) Browning machine guns and be powered by the latest 2000 hp engines. Its service introduction in mid-1941 was plagued with problems and for several months the aircraft faced a doubtful future. When the Luftwaffe brought the formidable Focke-Wulf Fw 190 into service in 1941, the Typhoon was the only RAF fighter capable of catching it at low altitudes; as a result it secured a new role as a low-altitude interceptor.
Through the support of pilots such as Roland Beamont it became established in roles such as night-time intruder and long-range fighter. From late 1942 the Typhoon was equipped with bombs and from late 1943 RP-3 ground attack rockets were added to its armoury. With those weapons and its four 20mm Hispano cannon, the Typhoon became one of the Second World War’s most successful ground-attack aircraft.
Here are the features of the release:
- Built over the best plans available and using researched material.
- Many animations including correct gear retraction, flaps, canopy and radiator flap.
- Castoring tail wheel with scale compressions
- All new highly detailed and animated pilot with oxygen mask and animated goggles.
- Special OPTIONS panel allows for a variety of loadouts- Rockets, Bombs or tanks and “clean”.
- COLD,DARK start option provided with the OPTIONS panel.
- Correct overpaint of landing lights when rockets are loaded.
- Rocket primers in unfused and fused states
- Gun flash effects with spent shell casings ejected.
- Realistic engine start using specially coded prop hesitation, smoke and flame.
- Highly detailed model comes with 6 liveries and a pro-quality paintkit.
- Highly accurate representation of the Mk1B cockpit.
- Many uniquely coded animations including a collimated gunsight, authentic fuel tanks selection and content gauge panel.
- Correct start procedures include boost coil and cartridge starter with loud sound effect.
- Beautiful rendered details and special build techniques to provide an “immersive” feel to the cockpit in the simulator.
- Hidden “secret” Navigation equipment can be toggled on to provide VOR and ILS guidance, GPS flightplans etc.
- Working supercharger control – Moderate and High settings to aid with climb and combat performance.
The package also comes with two different flight dynamics files to cater for both serious fliers that want to feel the challenge of controlling the plane as it is in real life, and an easier flight dynamics to make it easier for simmers with little or no experience with flying military aircraft.
You can purchase the plane directly from Aeroplane Heaven by clicking here. The price is currently listed as US24.95
For news about our favorite hobby like Simmingly on Facebook!