TOGA, a new French development team have just released a product you may have heard things about over the past few months – Envtex.
This product promises to revamp your FSX and Prepar3d simulators (maybe it even works in FS2004 as this platform is listed under the requirements section over at Simmarket, but this is not confirmed) by injecting it with multitude of different effects and brand new textures that will change everything from your taxiway to the sky colour.
Here is the (very long) list of features for Envtex:
- More than 500 natural and dynamic* sky textures grouped in seasonal, climatic and situation presets
- 60 new sky presets with full and automatic integration for Hifi Active Sky Cloud Art and Active Sky 2016 (fully works with Full dynamics and Global automatic ASCA presets)
- High definition milky way texture
- Highly realistic sun textures with new glow and lensflare effects
- New photoreal moon textures and glow
- Detailed ocean, inland and tropical water textures with reduced mosaic repetition looking
- Realistic wave animations
- New special effects including contrails, wingtip vortices, dirt effect, touchdown effect leaving tire markings, hard braking effect, water spray for seaplanes, wheel spray effects, engine jet wash under rainy and snowy conditions and much more already being worked for SP1 (Some effects are not available for FS9 due to simulator limitations)
- Wonderful Northern and Southern lights / Aurora Borealis and Australis (P3Dv3 exclusive feature)
- Natural weather effects including rain and snow
- New thunderstorm lightning and flashing effects
- Realistic and sharp grass texture for normal and snowy conditions
- New runway textures with realistic tire markings for normal and snowy conditions to cover all of your airports in any weather condition and season
- New taxiway textures
- New runway,taxiway and parking markings
- New airport signage
- New airport lighting
- New Cumulus textures optimized for Active Sky Cloud Art cloud structures
- New Cirrus textures
- New environment map reflections for objects and aircraft using default reflections
- High quality and performance cloud shaders tweaks (P3Dv3 exclusive feature)
- Easy user interface and manual
- Fully supports P3Dv3, FSX and FS9
- Highly customizable for high performances and high quality
- Ready to fly presets as well as highly customizable options
- Continuous development with free updates
It is a very ambitious and impressive list to be sure. Does it deliver? You can find out by purchasing the product from Simmarket. The price is US$27 (incl VAT) or US$22 (excl VAT).
Let us know what you think in the comments section below!