Great news for the pre-WWII plane lovers, Milviz have released the T-50 Bobcat, aka The Bamboo Bomber.
According to Milviz this release is highly detailed and precise replica of the classic aircraft. This starts with an exquisitely rendered 3D model, both inside and out. Every switch, lever, crank, and control is in its place, allowing the virtual pilot full control.
About the Bobcat:
First flown in 1939 and reaching production in 1940, the T-50 Bobcat was of fabric-covered steel-tube construction featuring retractable main landing gear and electrically actuated trailing edge flaps. With the wing structure built up of laminated spruce spar beams and its fuselage faired with spruce stringers, it gained the nickname, “the Bamboo Bomber.”
The Bobcat quickly found great success as a military multi-engine advanced trainer and utility transport; its wood construction was ideal since it didn’t require diverting a lot of valuable aluminum from the war effort. Over 4600 airframes went into service with US forces, with another 640 flying with the RCAF and the BCATP. Not used for long in post-war service, remaining military Bobcats were declared obsolete by 1949.
This release is for FSX, FSX:SE and Prepar3d V2 and V3 platforms.
- Realistic flight dynamics
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
- Realistic systems and avionics
- Authentic Radio Range system
- Support for 3rd Party Avionics (RealityXP, Mindstar, Flight1)
- 6 HD liveries included
- High quality external model using normal, bump and specular mapsHigh quality internal model complete with custom 3D gauges
- Sophisticated cockpit lighting
- Model is highly configurable through our MVAMS application
- High resolution paint kit available for download
You can purchase the aircraft directly from Milviz by following this link. The regular price is US$39.99, but for a limited time you can get it for US$29.99 as a limited time introductory price offer from Milviz.