Great news for the lovers of classic turboprops! Just Flight have released the Hawker Siddeley HS 748!
The Hawker Siddeley HS 748 is a medium-sized turboprop airliner originally designed by the British firm Avro in the late 1950s as a replacement for the aging DC-3s then in widespread service as feederliners. Avro concentrated on performance, notably for STOL operations, and found a dedicated market. 380 aircraft were built by Hawker Siddeley. A larger, stretched development of the HS 748, the BAe ATP, attempted to compete with the de Havilland Canada Dash 8 but saw a limited production run.
Features of this release:
- Accurately modelled HS 748 Series 2, built using real-world aircraft plans
- Many detailed animations, including:
– Accurate landing gear operations
– Built-in rear door air-stairs
– Authentic flap action
– Trim tabs
– Windshield wipers
– Passenger and cargo doors
– Animated pilots
– Cockpit windows
- Ground power unit, flags and chocks
- Specular map to give realistic light effects on the aircraft surfaces
- Bump mapping to give a more realistic 3D effect to the liveries
- 3D cockpit with virtually all of the hundreds of switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. Many gauges are modelled in 3D for smooth operation.
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear to produce an authentic environment
- Cockpit lighting with atmospheric instrument backlighting
- Special ‘baked’ textures have been used to present a well-used look and feel to the cockpit area and controls
- GNS 430 GPS unit included for easy navigation
- Avionics include autopilot functionality from the operating period with NAV and ILS approaches, VOR and ADF receivers and displays, transponder and a full communications suite
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as switches to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, throttle quadrant and radios
- Numerous warning annunciators will illuminate on fault detection and a fully functional engine fire warning and protection/extinguishing system are built into the cockpit
- Electrical systems have been authentically simulated to enable correct APU and engine starts
- Realistic ‘cold & dark’ cockpit starts are possible
- Custom-coded autopilot with pitch and bank hold and independent flight director
You can purchase the aircraft directly from Just Flight for a price of 30.95 euros, and if you purchase it before December 9, you will earn double reward points.