As promised earlier this week, 29Palms have released Samos (LGSM). Their new Greek island scenery. If you still have not gone on holidays then this scenery is perfect for you – practice challenging landings, while admiring the beautiful summer vistas of Greek islands. And maybe it will give you an idea where to go for your summer holidays if you have not made your plans yet!
The scenery is compatible with the usual suspects – Prepar3d, FSX and FSX:SE.
Here is a list of features for this release:
- Highly detailed rendition of Samos International Airport “Aristarchos of Samos” (SMI / LGSM)
- 90km² coverage with high resolution satellite imagery (0.5m / px)
- Extensive landclass and vector upgrades for Samos, neighbouring islands and the turkish coast.
- All important landmarks and highly detailed approaches based on feedback from real world pilots.
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground by „texture baking“
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Performant 3D-night lighting
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Hand-crafted 2m terrain mesh
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Various animations (people ramp and landside, birds, boats, ships, apron vehicles, cars, flags, windsocks)
- SpeedTrees for Prepar3D v3
- Sound effects (sound of the sea, seagulls, cars)
- New scenery configurator for optimal performance and automatic updates
- Compatible with all known add-ons (see scenery documentation for details)
- Excellent perfomance with high framerates due to optimizations
- Installer includes FSX, FSX:SE, Prepar3D v1, v2 and v3 versions
Samos can be purchased directly from 29Palms. The current retail price is set at 23.95 euros.
Enjoy the new scenery!