Samos by 29Palms is obviously progressing quite well! The developers treated us to quite a number of new preview images showing the island as well as the airport. It looks really good! The airport will be a must for the “hand flying” types in our community. No fancy new technology around to help you auto-land your plans.
On top of releasing the great previews, 29Palms have also revealed the features we can expect in this release. They are listed below for you to enjoy reading!
• various animations (apron staff, people landside, birds, boats, ships, apron vehicles, car traffic, windsocks, flags)
• seasonal variations (summer, winter)
• custom made 2m terrain mesh for the whole island, the turkish border and neighbouring islands
• custom autogen (NO alteration of default.xml and autogendescriptions.spb)
• 90km² of high resolution satellite imagery
• Extensive landclass and vector upgrades for Samos, the turkish border and neighbouring islands
• Compatibility tested with various Add-Ons
• Compatibility patch / Color match for FTX Global
The photoscenery covers the amazing approach to both runways including all landmarks. Furthermore the island received an extensive landclass and vector upgrade including all beaches, harbors, roads and towns. Due to the tremendous cost of satellite imagery for the whole island, this approach ensures a moderate price for the scenery while depicting the important aspects for flight simulation in great detail.