LatinVFR have been very quiet lately. There was a good reason for that. They were hard at work on creating the scenery for Raleigh Durham, or better known in the community as KRDU. The scenery has been released and is available to purchase on Simmarket.
Raleigh–Durham International Airport (IATA: RDU, ICAO: KRDU, FAALID: RDU) is the main airport serving Raleigh, Durham and the surrounding Research Triangle region of North Carolina. It is located 4.5 miles (7 km) northeast of the town of Morrisville in Wake County. The airport covers 5,000 acres (2,000 ha) and has three runways and has passenger service to 41 destinations with 126 average daily departures. In 2015, 9,943,331 passengers traveled through the airport. The RDU Airport Authority is in charge of the airport facilities and its operations. The Airport Authority is controlled by a board of representatives from the counties of Wake and Durham and the cities of Raleigh and Durham.
The features of this scenery are (as per LatinVFR):
- Raleigh Durham Int’l Airport modeled with significant attention to detail.
- Texturing in HD mapping for all buildings, shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all buildings.
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures.
- Surroundings extremely detailed with dozens of customized buildings.
- 5 square miles of photo scenery with hundreds of hand placed autogen.
- Custom animated (CTRL+J) jetway.
- Static aircraft.
- Fully AI traffic compatible.
- Optimized for excellent performance.
- Excellent night effects.
- Inclusion of manual in PDF format.
- Much more!
The current RRP for this airport is set at 20.99 euros.