SSG (Supercritical Simulation Group) have just released an Embraer E-170LR for the X-Plane platform.
SSG have a lot of experience with bulding Embraer jets for X-Plane, and it shows in this release. The modeling looks amazing, as well as the cockpit texturing. Here are the listed features of this aircraft – also make sure you watch the release video below, it is really well done.
Advanced FMC and Navigation system
- Custom-built FMC (done by FJCC) designed for the SSG Evolution Series
- SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, flare and rollout modes.
- FMC is compatible with AeroSoft’s NavDataPro and Navigraph navigation databases.
- Manufacturer’s performance data embedded as tables in the fully functional FMC.
- Option to use either a 2D pop-up (resizable) FMC or one within the 3D cockpit.
- Custom radio communication audio consoles optimized for on-line virtual ATC operations.
- FMC performance information based on real aircraft data, including calculated V-speeds.
- FMC includes capability for autotuning navaid frequencies.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) on the MFD.
- Terrain display mode on the MFD, which is a part of the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) on the real aircraft.
High-Res 3D modeling complete with detailed animations and textures.
- Realistic displays (PFD, MFD with system synoptics, and EICAS)
- External lights and strobes operating realistically.
- Display management similar to that in the real aircraft.
- Autobrakes with anti-skid system that works in all conditions and includes a realistic rejected takeoff mode.
- Realistic wing flex and other animations.
- Window rain effects and animated wipers.
- Option menu incorporated into the cockpit 3D.
- Ground vehicles include a tow truck, GPU and airstairs.
- Over 10 detailed liveries comes with the plane
Custom systems and Flight Model
- Aircraft will meet most of the real aircraft’s performance data for consumption, AOA, speeds, flight dynamics, etc. in close consultation with real world E-Jet pilots.
- Realistic 3D cockpit with high resolution.
- Many systems are implemented with realistic logic, such as electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engine fire extinguishing, fuel, wing and engine anti-ice (including automatic mode), communications, and TCAS.
- Comprehensive autopilot functioning in modes similar to those of the real aircraft
- First Officer’s MFD display is independent from the Captain’s, and MFD has a pop-up option.
- EICAS messages based on the real aircraft’s with lists and scrolling
DreamEngine Sound System
- 3D sounds with DreamEngine plugin.
If you own the previous SSG Embraer model you can get a limited US$10 discount on this release. See here for more information and to purchase. The price is currently listed at US$49.95.
Let us know what you think of this aircraft in the comments below!