Guys at FSDT have released their newest project – KMEM Memphis International Airport. This release is very much exciting for two reasons. First reason is that anything FSDT release is of an amazing quality and performance (check out KSFOHD), and the second reason is the new design techniques that are incorporated into the scenery, such as, smart animation of people and vehicles.
Memphis International Airport (IATA: MEM, ICAO: KMEM, FAA LID: MEM) is a civil-military airport seven miles (11.2 km) southeast of downtown Memphis, in Shelby County, Tennessee.
Memphis International Airport is home to the FedEx Express global hub, which processes many of the company’s packages. Nonstop FedEx destinations from Memphis include cities across the continental United States, Europe, Middle East, Asia and South America. From 1993 to 2009 Memphis had the largest cargo operations of any airport worldwide. MEM dropped into second position in 2010, behind Hong Kong; however, it remained the busiest cargo airport in the United States.
- Fully customized ground and runways in high resolution, DX10 Compatible
- Ground terrain seamlessly integrated with Flight Simulator.
- Optimized for the Avatar mode in Prepar3D.
- Immersive Surround Sound Effects.
- Smart animations and people with almost no impact on memory and fps.
- Support for SODE Jetways.
- Woking EMAS system.
- Use of the advanced material properties, like bump and specular mapping.
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting.
- Intensive use of LOD techniques in order to offer the best possible performances.
- High resolution building textures.
- Complete GSX Integration ( requires GSX, free version )
- YouControl™ menu, to turn on/off static airplanes.
The price is as always set at US$34 and this does not include taxes you will have to pay depending on the country you live in. Click here to go to FSDT to learn more about KMEM and to purchase.